Stats and Facts
The Eryri 50/Snowdonia 50 is a 58 mile footrace, the essence of which is to offer competitors an experience deep in the countryside, making use of the well-trodden paths of Snowdonia. Competitors run at one’s own speed, but within a time limit.
- Circular route starting and finishing in Betws y Coed with Snowdon acting as the centre of the circle.
- Over 8,000 ft of elevation to be covered in under 24 hrs. Competitors will only be supported at check points. Self-sufficiency and self-reliance is expected between checkpoints.
- Time Limits — 12hr cut off in Llanberis. 24 hrs to cross the finish line.
- Make no mistake this is a race — You are either competing against other competitors, mountains or both.
- Finding out a bit about yourself is the real goal.
- Male and Female winner will each win a crafted shepherds crook made from Welsh Mountain Rams Horn.
- 3 categories single male, single female and team of 4.